Tuesday, November 6, 2012

be amazed


"You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host..." Nehemiah 9:6

As a boy, some of my fondest memories were the summer nights when my dad would bring us into the yard, and spread out a blanket, so the whole family could lay on our backs and look up at the stars. That is something my parents excelled at...creating memories. They planned and staged moments like that for us, and we loved it!

I love it even more, now, as a 45 year old. I realize that one of the best opportunities I have to teach kids about God, is when I can lead them to look at His creation and be amazed! I don't have to study ahead of time, or come up with trendy illustrations. No Phd. required! Just look around for a platform on which God can shine.

In Nehemiah 8, they built a stage for God. They raised up a platform where one man, Ezra, stood to read from the book of the Law. The Bible. They elevated God, and the result was amazement!

Its also a picture of family worship. Everyone who was old enough to understand, was gathered together, to listen and be amazed. (see Neh. 8:2). Look around for those moments to gather your family together, build a platform moment, and be amazed by God.

Prayer:
Lord, I elevate you in my life, today. I praise your name! Show me your glory, and I will reveal you to others. I stand amazed in your presence.
In Jesus name, amen!

No comments: